Monday, October 26, 2009

Family Night

I've had a bunch of meltdowns lately because it's my last semester before GRADUATION! I've been struggling to motivate myself because I'm pretty burnt out after the hectic summer we had. A few weeks ago, I came home and Cameron had Family Night all planned out. We made a paper chain together counting down to Graduation, and watched the clip on LDS.org about running the marathon and never being alone [He's kind of amazing like that]. We used white printer paper strips for school days, and colored cardstock for weekends and holidays. TOTALLY WORTH IT! I love seeing the chain get shorter and shorter, and we both live for Thursday night when we get 3 colored strips in a row. Thanksgiving looks like a total party as far as the chain goes. :) Either way, we're in the home stretch!


8 comments:

Caleb and Jenni said...

Sounds like you've got a keeper there! And don't worry, you will make it to December. It'll be here before you know it :) Love ya!

Erin said...

So, on facebook you put that you blogged, so I came on over here. How many ways can we be in touch over the internet? Also I love paper chains. Me and my roommates used to make them for stuff, and we always talked about making them for really unimportant events, just so people would ask. You know, someone stops by the apartment and says, "Oh, what's the paper chain for?" Expecting days until Christmas or days until someone gets married, and then we'd say, "Oh, Amanda has a test in 2 weeks," or "Erin is giving the closing prayer in sacrament meeting on Sunday." Awesome, huh? We never actually did it. But we did make them for Christmas and weddings. BORING.

Melissa Zuber said...

CUTE! Love the pumpkin picture!

Lindsay said...

That's such a cute way to countdown, and I love your pumpkin picture. The greatest thing about time is that it keeps going. It's dependable like that. Hang in there!!

Ashley D said...

What a sweet husband. Sounds so fun! And I love your pumpkin picture :)

Love, Ashley

Stacey said...

It's official your husband is a winner... I wondered if the awesomeness would fade once the newlywed bliss was over but you guys are coming up on a year and he still seems just as thoughtful! May he always be so!

Christine and Nick said...

I think we just might have to do that next semester... :)

Adam said...

Oh we're all about the paper chain. We made one about a month before I went to Idaho to count down the days and about 2 weeks before Disneyland in all the Mickey Mouse colors. I think I'll make another one for the Christmas break up to Idaho again. Hallie loves taking them off (even though she usually doesn't understand what it's for).

P.S. If Cam's still coming out in January... PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE COME KRISTIN!!!!!!!! I love your husband and all, but it wouldn't be the same without you!! I'll call and ask off work for you! :)