Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day!

...went a bit like this. :)

1. I was woken up by a kiss on the cheek, my robe, and a gorgeous hubby who turned the alarm off.
2. He surprised me with a fantastic breakfast. [chocolate chip, banana, & strawberry pancakes with homemade syrup and fresh oj]
3. There was a pot of flowers by my place instead of a bouquet because I mentioned I wanted to get into gardening. He also got me enough dirt to fill the other 2 pots on our balcony. I plan to plant herbs. :)
4. Cam wrote me such a sweet card that made me fall even more in love with him, if that's possible.
5. We had a relaxed morning, grabbed the stuff we needed for church and walked in the sunshine all the way there. I was ready a half hour early so we had time!
6. Bishop gave me the chance to talk for a couple of minutes about my incredible mother in Sacrament Meeting.
7. We taught Sunday School. It went really well. We were able to use our felt-board tithing story from EFY again. Let's hear it for nostalgia!
8. We walked home from church and talked non stop and enjoyed a rare day where Provo decides it's allowed to be Summer-for real.
9. Our apartment smelled incredible from the meal Cameron put on before we left. He wouldn't let me anywhere near the kitchen.
10. We bummed around in basketball shorts for a couple of hours, made homemade kettle corn and watched The Greatest Game Ever Played.
10a. I got a nap.
11. I spent over an hour talking to my sister and my mom. [Free weekend minutes! yay!]
12. Cameron sat down next to me on the couch and asked me to grab him the card he wrote me, he wanted to see it for some reason.
13. I get the card for him and 2 TICKETS TO MAE ON SATURDAY fall out. :)
14. We go on a walk for an hour and hold hands the entire time.

Love is wonderful, isn't it?

7 comments:

Stacey said...

Wow, what will he do on the fist mother's day that you are a mom? I'll be watching for that blog for sure!

Auburn said...

I love it! What a great day. Much more relaxing than future mother's days when there are munchkins around to keep you hopping! I just love you and Cameron together. It reminds me of Dave and I when we were first married! Goodness must run in those Call genes ;o)

Emilee said...

auburn is right so i hope you enjoyed it! i was hoping for no sickness for me, but that didnt happen either. ;) oh well. thanks so much for babysitting and cleaning! it was a HUGE help!

Kristi said...

So cute! Mother's Day is such a fun thing when the guys take over and let Mommy or Mommy-to-be-someday relax.

Mimi Collett said...

Not totally related to your post, but I really liked the dress you wore on Sunday. :)

Chelsea said...

WOW...I am speachless and SO jealous!

Emilee said...

i know, i'm so sneaky like that! ;) no pressure though...i'll love ya no matter what!